Health & Beauty
NOW Natural Aromatherapy Essential Oils
The use of natural essential oils for aromatherapy is an ancient and time-honored tradition that’s been improving moods and lifting spirits for thousands of years. Aromatherapy oils are genuine reflections of the botanicals from which they’re borne. When these natural extracts are diffused they can inspire, energize, soothe, and encourage wellness and peace of mind.
- The use of essential oils as fragrances dates back almost 6,000 years, and they’ve been used by a variety of cultures and ethnicities.
- Essential oils were used for therapeutic, hygienic, spiritual and ritualistic purposes, and in many cultures they still are to this day.
- Today essential oils are primarily used in therapeutic settings to help achieve a positive mood and bring about relaxation. Studies indicate that certain essential oils may help with the occasional stress and anxiety associated with everyday life, but more research is needed.
- Almost anyone can enjoy the benefits of an aromatherapy oil, but certain individuals, such as pregnant women, persons with allergies, and those with respiratory conditions such as asthma should only use essential oils for aromatherapy under the guidance of a trained professional.
- Keep in mind that essential oils are highly concentrated botanical extracts and should never be ingested or applied to skin at full strength. Consult a professional aromatherapist or an accredited reference on aromatherapy for advice on these uses.
Ready to explore the best aromatherapy oils for your natural lifestyle? Come in to see our fantastic selection of organic essential oils, pure essential oils and essential oil blends!